In addition to our outdoor visitation in the Gazebo Courtyard, Westside Terrace Healthcare now offers indoor visitation in the small dining room. This area has been specially prepared, and we have guidelines to stay in compliance with regulations issued by Alabama and federal agencies.
The increase of COVID-19 vaccinations around the nation has been positive news for nursing homes. The federal government has released new guidelines to ease restrictions on indoor visits and clarify the circumstances for which they can be made available. At Westside Terrace Healthcare, we understand how important it is for our residents to have the love and support of family and friends. That is why we want to share information and resources to help everyone understand the new guidelines and how to schedule a visit with a resident.
Indoor visits are conditional
According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, nursing homes should allow indoor visitation for residents (regardless of vaccination status), except for a few circumstances when visits should be limited due to a high risk of COVID-19 transmission. Visits may be limited for the following conditions:
- If the resident is unvaccinated, the county’s COVID-19 positivity rate is greater than 10 percent, and less than 70 percent of residents in the facility are fully vaccinated.
- The resident (vaccinated or unvaccinated) has a confirmed COVID-19 infection.
- The resident (vaccinated or unvaccinated) is in quarantine. Visits cannot resume until they have met the criteria for release from quarantine.
In compassionate care circumstances such as end-of-life situations, grief, or extreme emotional distress, indoor visits are allowed for any resident (vaccinated or unvaccinated).
Welcome back to Westside Terrace
To reserve a time to visit, call 334-794-1000 at least 24 hours in advance. For the health and safety of our residents and their loved ones, there will be temperature checks and COVID-19 screenings before each visit. We ask that visitors experiencing chest pain, congestion, cough, diarrhea, fever, headache, nausea, shortness of breath, sore throat or vomiting, not come to the facility while they have symptoms. Additionally, visitors should wait 10 days after the onset of symptoms before visiting.
- All visitors must be 16 years of age or older.
- Please be on time for your scheduled visit and consider added time for COVID-19 screening.
- Appropriate, well-fitting masks are required for all residents and their guests.
- Point of Care COVID-19 tests will be offered to nasal swab visitors.
- Visitors will only be allowed to visit in designated areas and only with their residents.
- Spaces for visits are limited. The maximum capacity is four (4) residents with visitors in the small dining room.
- Two visitors are allowed for each resident.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes.
- Social distancing guidelines of six (6) feet will be enforced.
- At least one staff member will be on duty during all visits.
- Non-compliance with guidelines will result in the suspension of visiting privileges for guests.
- Visitation may be suspended if a new case of COVID-19 is identified among residents or staff.
- If a resident is currently under isolation precautions, visits will be limited to FaceTime video chat until the isolation period is complete.
We thank our Westside Terrace families and friends for your continued patience and support. We look forward to seeing you and the happiness your visit will bring to our residents. Until then, remember you can also keep in touch via our Facebook page and e-Cards or by scheduling a video chat.
*For the continued safety of our residents, visiting guidelines are subject to change at any time.